Two Poems • Kanchan Chatterjee

Ennui

4096 bytes
in each allocation unit
and there are some 2079
units
to be filled up

that's what my PC says
as I
try to write

would rather
watch birds

sitting over
those tangled wires
I guess...



Che
the teenager
wore a t-shirt
with the face of Che

know him? I ask


he shrugs
takes his girl's hand
who's in a pink skirt

they both smile
at me
while nibbling at the ice-cream
and leave...



[+]



Kanchan Chatterjee is a 44 year old male executive working in the ministry of finance, government of India. He is from Jamshedpur, Jharkhand, India. Although he doesn't have any literary background, he loves poetry and scribbles as and when he feels the urge. He has contributed in many online and print journals namely Bare Hands Poetry, Shot Glass Journal, Decanto, Jellyfish whisperer, Mad Swirl, Eclectic eel etc. Recently one of his poems has been nominated for the annual Pushcart Prize of U.K.