Two Poems • Peycho Kanev

Blankness

Lost memories and
Obvious decisions

The future is oblivion
Which we’ll remember forever

We swim in the stream among the rocks
And the eternal spiders

The sorrow has nothing
on us



The Grand Opus

In my dream
I am the king of this castle

The big black curtain falls
and the applause begin
within my lovely dream

What do you think comes next
Give me a hint

There is no queen
no servants
just this jester locked in the box of my head

Then the rain comes banging on the windowsill
and I open my
eyes to see my cat in front of the mirror

sleeping


[+]


Peycho Kanev is the author of 4 poetry collections and
two chapbooks. He has won several European awards for
his poetry and he’s nominated for the Pushcart Award
and Best of the Net. Translations of his books will
be published soon in Italy, Poland and Russia. His
poems have appeared in more than 900 literary magazines,
such as: Poetry Quarterly, Evergreen Review, Columbia
College Literary Review, Hawaii Review, Cordite Poetry
Review, Sheepshead Review, Off the Coast, The Adirondack
Review, The Coachella Review, Two Thirds North, Sierra
Nevada Review, The Cleveland Review and many others.